An EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) is an official document that is issued after an electrical installation assessment has been done within a property. The assessment should be carried out by a qualified electrician or an approved contractor with experience doing periodic inspection and testing following the BS7671:2018 18th Edition regulations and they must be competent in such works and preferably registered with any of the competent persons scheme such as the NICEIC or a similar authorising scheme.
When conducting an EICR, an electrician will observe the nature of the current electrical installation within a property to detect a defect or omission. They will give each electrical point a code according to the level of severity. These observations should be noted down clearly and each issue should be highlighted to the customer as they may need to seek remedial work should an EICR fail to comply with the legal requirements.
A thorough investigation into the condition of the electrical installations aims to ensure that there is no deterioration or danger by looking at:
· The age of the installation as older installations will require more regular EICR
· The type of property as some properties may include extra facilities or amenities which will require regular EICR following recommended intervals. For example, properties which include swimming pool, outdoor electrical outputs, heating and lighting etc.
· The environmental condition such as weather, animals and trees can often impact the electrical installation of a property.
· Damage due to misuse of the installation such as vandalism or over usage
· Change of occupancy where a domestic premise is being prepared to be sold, purchased, or renovated for commercial/business use. Although there is a recommendation of conducting an EICR every 10 years (for a new installation), it may be required more often in rental properties as a landlord’s certificate stating that an EICR has been done to indicate whether the property is safe for occupancy or requires further works.
For an EICR to be carried out most effectively, A.M.P ELECTRICAL can offer remedial works if an EICR is deemed unsatisfactory. We will bring the safety of the electrical installations up to (and beyond) the legal standards as stipulated in the BS7671: 2018 18th Edition regulations.
We can ensure that all works will be carried out to the highest standards by our team of skilled engineers and for extra peace of mind, all our work is fully insured and guaranteed.
Copyright © 2020 AMP ELECTRICAL - All Rights Reserved.
AMP ELECTRIC CONTRACTORS LTD t/a A.M.P ELECTRICAL REGISTRATION NO. 12737585